- Fire Department
- Emergency Management
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program consists of twenty (20) hours of training in areas such as Emergency Preparedness, Fire Safety, Emergency Medical Operations, CERT Organization, Light Search and Rescue, Disaster Psychology, and Terrorism. Additional training will also be given in the areas of Shelter Operations. Participants who complete the program will also receive certificates as Medical First Responders and Heart Saver AED (automated external defibrillators). Please join us in learning to protect ourselves, our families, and our neighbors during disaster situations. This course is open to all interested residents and we encourage you to bring your friends, relatives, and neighbors.
Please feel free to contact me or 978-454-1526 for further information or to confirm your attendance.
Rich Patterson, Fire Chief/Director
Dracut Emergency Management
Code RED is the Community’s Emergency notification system used to notify you when there is an emergency, storm information, water main breaks, and any other pertinent information. This system if fully customized to your needs. Individuals create an account and determine any number of telephone numbers, text numbers, email accounts and types of notifications received. The Town only sends emergency notifications under the emergency umbrella and all other important but non-emergent notifications are sent under the General Message grouping. Click the “Emergency Alerts” button and stay connected.
- What is CodeRED and why is it important to me?
- For what kinds of situations will CodeRED be used?
- Does the Town have my telephone number, or do I have to sign up to receive CodeRED emergency calls?
- I have a business located in Dracut. Can I arrange to have CodeRED call my business?
- The registration form only allows me to enter a primary and secondary telephone number. What if I want to register additional numbers for my address?
- What precautions are being taken to protect personal information?