- Police Department
- Firearms Licensing
|License to Carry (LTC) $100.00|
|Firearm Identification Card (FID) $100.00|
|Under 18 Years of Age FID Card $ 25.00|
|Current and Retired Law Enforcement $25.00|
- All licenses are valid for up to 6 Years. Over 70 years of age renewal – No Cost.
1. Submit new/renewal application and all required paperwork (listed below) along with appropriate fee (check or money order only) made out to “Town of Dracut” via regular mail.
|Dracut Police Department|
Attention: Firearms Licensing
110 Loon Hill Road
Dracut, MA 01826
You may also drop off required paperwork and fees in the police department vestibule. Located on the right hand side as you walk in is a locked white mailbox which is utilized for LTC/FID applications.
2. Applications must be submitted for all new and renewal applicants. The same application is utilized for both new and renewal applicants. (Must be the current LTC-FID Application revised May 2015)
**QUESTION 4 ASKS FOR ANY ARRESTS OR COURT APPEARANCES AS A DEFENDANT IN A CRIMINAL CASE. IT DOES NOT MATTER THE OUTCOME, STATE, OR AGE WHEN YOU APPEARED, YOU MUST PROVIDE ACCURATE ANSWERS.**
- New applicants must complete required safety course prior to applying and include a copy of certificate with application.
- Renewal applicants originally licensed in another city or town must provide a copy of safety course certificate with application.
- A copy of your birth certificate, US Passport, Naturalization Papers, or Green Card must be submitted with application
- Firearms Clerk will notify you by phone of your appointment date and time to be fingerprinted (New Applicants Only).
Apply for a firearms license to possess or carry firearms in Massachusetts.
- Processing of applications takes approximately 12 Weeks.
- If your application is approved and your license is issued, we will mail your License/FID to your residential address.
Please direct any questions to Sgt George at 978-957-2123 x2016. For additional information regarding firearms related questions and laws, or to report a change of address, please click on link: https://www.mass.gov/eopss/firearms-reg-and-laws/frb/